Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Land

Reflection
What a fantastic weekend! I took off Friday afternoon and headed towards Nucla to my Granddad’s house.  From there, I drove him to a funeral (RIP George).  The funeral was in Paradox, CO. Never heard of it? Yeah…no great surprise…it is just down the road from Bedrock, CO, which was in Themla and Louise.  Absolutely breathtaking views.
Bedrock Store
Granddad and I spent some quality time together on Friday night/Saturday morning. I cannot say how much that times means to me.
Saturday morning I went for a run in Nucla. Because Halloween is just around the corner, I decided to run to the cemetery. Well, that wasn’t the real reason…I went to visit my Grandma’s grave. The morning was beautiful, calm, serene. I took my dogs with me, and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.  Emotional as it was at the cemetery, I truly believe tears help us grieve. They are God’s way of shedding grief from our soul.
After saying goodbye to my beloved cowboy, I took off for the cabin to meet up with my parents. I arrived around noon with no hunters to meet.  Turns out they already had two elk down, so I waited around till Ty arrived.  We took off and I showed him some of the property around the cabin.  When we got back the cabin, the mighty hunters were back.
Hunting Camp
Sunday morning, we packed the elk out on foot (elk on horses). It was a nice hike on yet another fabulous autumn day in Colorado.  I cannot complain about a single thing in life at the moment. I am truly happy. J J
My dad, cousin Logan, Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment