Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Square One

Monday 10:30 am: Physical Therapist tells me to start walking and cycling ASAP.
Monday 10:40 am: Walking on trail at Riverbottom. 4.4 miles. 55 minutes. Sidenote: this is my favorite route to train hills. Two runners were training hills that day. Run on.
Monday 11:40 am: Strength session.
Tuesday: Rode bike to gym. Strength training. Rode bike home. 6.60 miles. 38 minutes.
Wednesday 12:05 pm: Spin class.
Wednesday 12:25 pm: Walked out of spin class halfway through in full-on pain. Walked on treadmill for one mile wallowing in self-pity, feeling like I'm back to square one.
_____________________________________________________________________
So maybe I went out a little strong. I should have known spinning was a bad idea. My new plan is to only walk or pool run and do strength training until (if ever) my leg heals.

And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm able to still run, and this was my first week with consistent distance in a while, and Thursday and today I was sidelined with INTENSE allergies (Like I went to sleep at 5:30pm last night). It's so annoying when the desire is there but the body is not. You'll come back, be smart and you'll make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that sounds rough! Hope the pain didn't last for very long.

    ReplyDelete