Monday, March 26, 2012

A new TM and PT Love

The reasons I have not been consistently blogging are, a) this is a running blog and I'm not running. b) writing about not running is depressing.

Some decent things have been happening though. I got a new (to me) treadmill and it magically showed up in my garage. Thanks to the hubbs and BIL for all the grunt work. :) The downside....not being able to try it out.

I went to the doctor on Friday and since things are not healing (AT ALL), he says no walking for exercise. Soooo....that leaves me with pretty much zero to do in the sweat zone. I can lift weights and possibly ride a stationary bike in a very specific way. I'll be trying that today. There is always the pool, but I'm going to be honest and say it bores me to absolute tears.

More good news. I went to physical therapy today. What a breath.of.fresh.air. It was like the Four Seasons of the exercise world. I had three different people attending to me. They cared about everything. They listened to me. We talked about shoes. I discovered do not over-pronante. In fact, I barely pronate at all. What an amazing discovery after TWELVE YEARS of running. I am so excited to go back on Thursday. I am bringing all my running shoes (they didn't realize this will involve a wheely suitcase) and we are going to analyze my gait. I am geeking out on running stuff right now.

In the mean time, I am doing exercises and praying a lot. They also administered some medicine into my skin. It felt super weird like little baby needles stabbing me, but I am hopeful it is working. :)

Meanwhile...this is my last week of working days for the next three months. I am switching over to the "dark side" and working night shift. I actually don't mind it in short doses. Plus, there is a kickboxing/weights class I have been dying to try that my schedule hasn't allowed until now.

Running friends...any shoe recommendations for someone who does not pronante, yet still needs support?

8 comments:

  1. I'm a pronator so I've got nothing for you... but I did just buy the new Brooks Pure Cadence. Those maybe could work?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! I'm just excited at the chance to buy new shoes :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad PT went well today! I have a lot of different brands of shoes and I equally love several but I have been running in a couple pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders that are supportive and perfect for my high arches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I have been wondering about the Mizunos because of SkinnyRunner!!

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain on not being able to run. I've ran very little this year due to an injury and had surgery yesterday, so no running for a few more weeks! I got nothing on shoes for you. A good running store should point you in the right direction? No? Or check our www.runningwarehouse.com. They usually group shoes according to support, neutral, etc....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I am so sorry about your surgery and being laid up. It is a mental battle!

      Delete
  4. I hope you get through this little spat with injury!

    No advice for ya in the shoe department, trying to find the best fit for me myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there. Sorry to hear you're injured! Hope you recover very soon and get back out running.

    I overpronate but wear corrective orthotics- thus I wear a neutral supportive shoe. I am quite a fan of Nike Vomeros. Before these I wore Brooks Glycerins.

    ReplyDelete