Thursday, February 23, 2012

Food Overdose and Husband Duties

In case you don't follow me on FB, I thought I would share....sometimes in life, when you are missing something (like running), you try to fill the void with something else (food).
Two pizzas, one cheesy bread, and one s'mores pizza is a reasonable amount of food for two people for one dinner, correct? I was trying to be "good" and got the DeLite version of my pizza. Ty said that was cancelled out by the three bread sticks and two pieces of s'mores dessert I had. What of it?!
So....in an effort to balance that out, I went to the gym to get my sweat on. Of course, I am not allowed to run. I spent 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes walking on the treadmill, and then did a "self-manufactured" cross-fit like workout consisting of:
3x10 deadlift
40 butterfly sit-ups
40 kettleball swings
25 squats
20 push-ups
and....about 1.5 pull ups....SOOOOOOOOOOOO hard!!
It was a decent workout, however my back is sore from the deadlifts! I guess I've identified my weakness. :)

Tomorrow I am pool running with Jill from GOTR. I am very very grateful for pool running, but I'm not going to lie...it does NOT equal regular running. It helps to do it with a partner though.

I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment with a sports medicine doctor. Only problem being, the appointment is in Grand Junction at the same exact time that the dogs are scheduled to go to the vet in Grand Junction. So Ty, if you're reading this....sorry babe. You're committed. :) It was the only time I could get in with the doctor.

Completely unrelated: My V-Day flowers are still alive!! Pretty. Pretty.

Please pray I am able to find some relief/answers on my leg tomorrow. xoxoxoxo!

3 comments:

  1. That pizza sounds delicious! Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pizza is looking like some pappa murphy's!! i LUV them, hello, have u had the really thick braided crust there? i think it's heaven. when i lived up in OR they didn't' have a PM's and then when i moved back to CA i have been re-united with my love. :) oh, and that's totally a normal amount for two peeps!

    good luck at ur appt!! hopefully u'll get this injury business all squared away soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait!! I have tried that crust and it IS amazing!!! We don't eat PM that often, but I think we may start!! We really enjoyed it.

      Delete