Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day Light Woes

Day Light Woes
These twelve hour shifts are ruining my life. That and the decreasingly fewer moments of daylight. I get off work at 6:30 I cook dinner. We clean up. It’s 7:30. And Biggest Loser is already on. Sigh. I really don’t want to wait to watch it….
However, despite all these things, I know myself.  After sitting in a chair all day long performing a stressful job, sedentary life in the recliner is probably not going to dissolve the stress I have accumulated over the past twelve hours.  Dilema…

After a B- dinner (grilled sea scallops over wheat angel hair pasta with arugula pesto), I got Ty off to work and switched on the TV in our bedroom with my Tuesday “relaxation” drink.  Then I had an idea….. why not work out while watching TV? I'm all about the multi-tasking these days! Sure, it’s not a run, but it’s better than nothing. So for the next thirty five minutes my workout consisted of:
Jumping Jacks
Mountain Climbers (standing)
Butt Kicks
Shadow Boxing
High Knees
Squats
Calf Raises
Speed Skaters w/ bicep curls
(I performed each of these moves for the length of one commercial during commercial breaks, then did core work such as situps and plank during the show)
And the next hour and twenty five minutes of the show consisted of drooling over Bob in a cowboy hat and Dolvette in general.

So…I may have only worked off the beer I was enjoying afterwards, but some stress melted away and I went to bed with a sense of accomplishment. 
Tonight I am considering facing the dreadmill and possibly some weight training after the hubs goes to work. However, the day is young (and so far stress-free). I may end up at the liquor store again.

Do you ever workout while watching TV?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment